Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall is in the air!

It's here.
The leaves are turning, air is crisp in the mornings and the lettuce is LOVING IT!

To me this summer ended sort of abruptly. One week it was hot, the next you had to drag a sweater out of the closet...
Luckily we've still had some nice warm days to ripen the last tomatoes and even give enough time for the eggplants to form beautiful purple globes... I really did not want to bet on them, but surprise - surprise!
The greens of all sorts (well, some of them are red...) grow so well in this weather. I just wish we had more land... More land! More land!!!!
I tend to go crazy with the seeding thing and pile everything on top of each other. I guess that is called intensive cropping...? That's what I call it. Max the land use!

Allright.
Here are some recent pix from the garden.
Let me brag also about progress on the greenhouse! Adam and I worked hard yesterday (he did most of the heavy lifting and I think I did most of the unbolting of the frame) getting the greenhouse disassembled. I forgot to take my camera to the site, so you won't get to see the demolition derby. But I'll make sure to document the setting up.
There is still the frame to take apart, the anchor tubing and railroad ties to take apart and bring here. (first we have to figure out how the heck to do that...) we're about 1 third of the way there!

No comments: