Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Michael Pollan rocks!

Tom Gray brought my attention to this article:
Mr. President

Michael Pollan has been advocating change in American food system for a while now. He doesn't just point the finger but directs you to sources and solutions. I'm a big fan!!!!
"The Botany of Desire" was a great read and opened my eyes to seeing the plant-human connection/interdependency in a different way...
"The Omnivore's Dilemma" which I'm still reading, has made me ever more careful and mindful about the food choices I make for my family. If you have the guts to find out about what America eats and why, you need to read this book. (If I could I would force you!!!!) I have to warn you that you will never again be able to blindly and mindlessly buy another coke or eat at McDonalds. There is always going to be that choice to make between home packed lunch (hopefully consisting of a sandwich made with home baked whole grain bread and "happy chicken" salad - (chicken from your local farm)) and a quick grab from unknown source... but at least you will be making an informed choice...




No comments: