Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter lingers

Well. The seed swap just did not want to happen this year... at least not in the way I envisioned it.
We had snow AGAIN friday night, and saturday. It was beautiful - soft, fluffy, fairy-tale snow...
But any snow in the south raises people's stress level out the roof, and makes them highly suspicious and extremely domesticated:) So, it ended up being just me and Suzie - the two who grew up in the snow - here on Saturday, swapping what we had... Suzie brought some delish bisquits and strawberry jam she had made!
So folks. I have some lettuce, arugula, tomato and pepper seeds that I saved last year, if anyone is interested in getting a bit to try...

I think that we'll try the seed swapping again, maybe late fall this time? The chances of snow are less likely before Christmas in our neck of the woods... Keep that in mind, and try saving some seed from your garden this year so we can all add to the biodiversity in our region!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sorry I missed it, Anne. Late fall sounds like a good idea. I do hope to get to STARworks before long, though, & bring the extras I have.