Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gearing up for the summer!

Yesterday gave us all some hope! Seemed like spring is just around the corner. It was amazing to be outside in the middle of the winter, wearing but a t-shirt, weeding and cleaning out the garden beds. I saw tons of fat wriggly earth worms happily doing their job. To think that just a few years ago this was a patch of gravel where even weeds barely grew! And now it's a playground for worms, frogs, toads, lizards, butterflies etc. And me:) And occasionally some kids:)


To get the year going, I've started getting the greenhouse ready, cleared the beds, except for some parsley, cilantro, celery and flowers and perennial herbs. I will be ordering some seed to grow more carrots, green beans, beets and pak choi for the CSA. Some of the Mushroom workshops are lined up for the end of this month, March and June. I will post all that info somewhere on the blog ASAP. 
Stay tuned!


No comments: