Tuesday, June 2, 2009

HEAT OVERLOAD

Oh my goodness.
I came from the greenhouse about an hour ago... it was 110 degrees F in there. The plan was to move all the plants outside, as I'm not interested in frying them... but had to get out as I didn't want to fry myself either. So maybe I'll sneak back in there under the cover of the night, when it is a bit cooler. Here is the first onion I pulled last week - a beauty! kind of smallish still, but maybe also extra sweet?
Jalapenó's are starting to take shape. Yesterday I also discovered a few eggplants already on the plants! That's way earlier than I thought.
Here's a view to the greenhouse. There are plenty of little Pistou basil bushes to sell at our Flowerpot Fundraiser coming up this Saturday, June 6th, during the Star Heritage Day. 
I have sooooo much more to blog about! As I have mentioned in the newsletters - Nancy and I went to Denver, Colorado to a BALLE conference - I can't believe its already been 2 weeks since we went?! Anyway, we had a great time, and I will dedicate a separate blog entry to that. I also have several pages of notes and information to share with ya'll...  so, please be patient with me - as I try to juggle working in the garden, coordinating sales, keeping up with blogs and home life.

1 comment:

T.Gray said...

Anne, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the BALLE conference! Hey to Adam and the kids.